We are delighted to invite you to the inaugural conference of the Local Authority Public Health Research Network Conference (LAPHRN).
LAPHRN - founded in 2021, hosted and administered by NIHR ARC North Thames - aims to identify, share, support and progress opportunities for generating robust academic research in local authority settings. It is open to anybody with an interest in this area including staff in local authorities, regional government and higher education institutions, across London and North Thames.
The Network's inaugural conference will:
- showcase the range of applied research and evaluation across London and North Thames
- develop opportunities for research collaboration across London and North Thames
- build networks and career development opportunities for public health professionals with an interest in research
- Keynote speech from Professor Kevin Fenton
- Panel discussion on applied research for London/North Thames
- Member presentations to share findings of recent evaluation or research projects
- Posters/stands for members to share recent evaluation or research project updates & partners e.g. CRN to raise profile with the public health community
- Specific sessions lead by partner HDRCs and working with the Health Inequalities Strategy (HIS); (possibly link also with Health Equity Group (HEG))
- Workshops to build ideas and collaborations around priorities for the network, e.g.
- Community engagement
- Mapping the journey from research to influencing practice and policy
- Identifying possible research collaborations to address priorities for councils, such as:
- climate change
Conference abstract submission
The purpose of this conference is sharing ideas, learning and developing networks. To this end, we welcome you to submit abstracts on current work (completed or ongoing.)
Abstract length: 350 words
Abstract deadline: 31 December 2023
Abstract guidelines: Please click here
Abstract submission: To submit an abstract, please click here
w/c 2 October 2023: applications open
31 December 2023: abstract deadline
15 January 2024: application deadline
Please note that spaces are limited and we will operate on a "first come first served" basis. Please do ensure you are able to attend in-person on 26 March before submitting an application to ensure we are able to allocate spaces efficiently.